e2guardian is an Open Source web content filter, It filters the actual content of pages based on many methods including phrase matching, request header and URL filtering, etc. It does not purely filter based on a banned list of sites
HTTPS filtering of web contents with help of SSL bump feature from E2guardian 3.1.
- Built-in content scanner plugin system which includes AV scanning.
- Can be configured to have multiple filter configurations to provide varying degrees of web filtering to different groups of users.
- SSL Inspection (Version 3.1 Needed)
- NTLM and persistent connection support.
- Digest authentication support
- Basic authentication support
- IP authentication support
- DNS authentication support
- Header analysis and manipulation - you can also manipulate cookies -
- Large file (2GB+) download & scanning support
- Whitelist domains and urls
- Blacklist domains and urls
- Greylist domains and urls
- Deny regular Expressions on urls, body content, and headers (also in greylist mode)
- URL regular expression replacement so you can for example force safe search in search engines
- Deep URL scanning to spot URLs in URLs to for example block images in Google images
- Advanced advert blocking
- Many performance improvements
- Updates to handle all current web technology trends
- Blanket SSL blocking so you can block SSL anonymous proxies (without using SSL Bump)
- Limit POST size (upload)
- Temporary bypass provides a “click to acknowledge” capability
- Referer Exceptions Exceptions based on URL in refering url
- Time Based Blocking
... And more ...